Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Arrg...lighting

Lighting for photographing jewelry is an ongoing frustration. Natural light works best but it doesn't always bring out true colors.  Also, living in Portland creates a problem because it's often overcast and there isn't enough light. My summer line has a lot of gorgeous blues and greens that I really want to show in photos.  I came across this tutorial on making your own light box, so I thought I'd try it. The results are pretty good...  but I think I still need brighter lights... Here is the light box. (my daughter's play table and chairs worked perfectly for the set up:)

Here is the photo using my camera flash.

Here is the true blue.
So, I think it's better but I am going to try brighter lights and work on the shadows a little bit. To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment